The current Amp Energy logo.
|Current Status:||Permanent Flavor|
|Locations Available:|| United States|
|Year(s) Available:||2001 - Present|
|Related Flavors:||Sport, Dew Fuel, MDX, Energy, Energised, Adrenaline, Game Fuel (Lemonade), Mountain Dew, Kickstart, Distortion, Dew Iced, Lemon, Lime, Game Fuel (Berry Lime), Mountain Dew AMP, Mountain Dew Ice, Mountain Dew Coolatta, Amp Game Fuel Charged (Cherry Burst), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Berry Blast), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Tropical Strike), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Original Dew)|
AMP Energy (or simply Amp) is an energy drink brand owned by PepsiCo Inc. It was originally sold under the Mountain Dew name but became an independent line in 2009. Prior to 2012, the previous Mountain Dew logo could still be found on its packaging. An AMP Branded energy drink launched in the United Kingdom in August 2013. However, this AMP brand is different to the American AMP brand and is more similar to the Polish drink Adrenaline Mountain Dew.
Being an Energy drink, AMP contains taurine, B-vitamins, guarana, ginseng, and maltodextrin. The original flavor is lemon-lime and has a tart citrus flavor, very similar to original Mountain Dew.
The Amp Energy product lineup has since expanded to a broader range of flavors and variants. Similar to the Mountain Dew lineup, it includes the original flavor, a sugar-free version of original, Cherry (cherry-flavored), Strawberry Limeade, Passionfruit, Watermelon Zero, Blueberry White Grape Zero, Active Orange (orange-flavored), Focus Mixed berry (mixed berry-flavored), Boost Grape (grape-flavored), Green Tea (Discontinued), Active Lemonade (lemonade-flavored), and a sugar-free version of Active Lemonade. There was also a limited edition variant called Tradin' Paint (Orange/Lime/Berry). Orange and Mixed Berry-flavored juices have also been released under the AMP name, as well as an Energy Gum. In 2019, the AMP brand along with Mountain Dew released the Amp Game Fuel Charged series of flavors including Original Dew, Cherry Burst, Berry Blast, and Tropical Strike.
Note: All flavors are discontinued except Cherry, Strawberry Limeade, Tropical Punch and Original.
These are the numerous flavor variants in the AMP Energy line (note that their previous names are stated in the brackets below).
- Cherry (formerly Overdrive): Citrus Cherry with a little less flavoring.
- Original: Lemon-Lime citrus flavor
- Strawberry Limeade
- Passionfruit, similar to New Zealand's Passionfruit Frenzy (Discontinued)
- Blueberry White Grape Zero
- Watermelon Zero
- Boosted: Wild Berry Cherry (with Vitamin C) (Discontinued)
- Boosted: Mandarin Orange (Discontinued)
- Tropical Punch
- Active Orange (Relaunch): LiveWire with a little less orange flavor (Discontinued)
- Focus Mixed Berry (Elevate): Voltage with a little less berry flavor (Discontinued)
- Boost Grape (Traction): Pitch Black with less grape flavor (Discontinued)
- Black Tea: Black Tea (Discontinued)
- Green Tea: Green Tea (Discontinued)
- Active Lemonade (Lightning): Game Fuel (Lemonade) with a little less flavoring (Discontinued)
- Active Lemonade Sugar Free (Lightning Sugar Free): Diet Lemonade (Discontinued)
- Boost Original Sugar Free: Diet Mountain Dew with a little less citrus taste (Discontinued)
- Tradin' Paint: Orange, Lime, Berry (Discontinued)
- Gold Apple: Apple, similar to Electric Apple (Discontinued)
- Dale Jr. Sour: Sour Grape (Discontinued)
- Organic Citrus
- Organic Grape
- Organic Pineapple Coconut
- Organic Tropical Burst