Mountain Dew is product placement in many movies
Examples of product placement
- During a scene in the beginning of 1985's Back to the Future, a truck driver is seen donning a Mountain Dew cap.
- The 1998 film Antz features a giant can of Mountain Dew inside Insectopia.
- The 2001 episode Trial by Fire of the second season of Survivor features a barrel with the then-current Mountain Dew logo.
- 2005's Fantastic Four notably has a brief scene in which the Mountain Dew Code Red slogan and bottle are featured on a large screen.
- Mike Judge's 2006 cult film Idiocracy includes a character titled "U.S. President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho".
- In a scene in 2006's Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby features a small child exclaiming that he is "jacked up on Mountain Dew".
- In the 2007 movie Transformers, there is a robot that transforms from a Mountain Dew vending machine.
- During a scene in the 2008 movie Step Brothers, the character Brennan can be seen wearing a t-shirt with the classic Mountain Dew logo.
- There is a scene in the 2009 movie Zombieland in which the main character, portrayed by Jesse Eisenberg, offers an unnamed female character a cup of Mountain Dew Code Red, which she is able to partially recognize.
- In the 2009 movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Leo has a Mountain Dew vending machine.
- At a business meeting in the 2010 film The Social Network, Jesse Eisenberg's character is once again spotted with a can of Mountain Dew.
- During the 2010 episode The Summer Man of the fourth season of the television series Mad Men, a classic Mountain Dew bottle can be seen on a table. The quote "You need three ingredients for a cocktail. Vodka and Mountain Dew is an emergency." is said shortly after.
- In the 2017 movie xXx: Return of Xander Cage features Paul Donovan exclaiming that he is not "jacked up on Mountain Dew and RedBull".